Friday 5 September 2014

The A.U.B.U.R.N. series...

As autumn dawns any sign of the summer season slowly disappears. In the fashion world the dark colours, coats, jackets, thigh highs and furs start to invade. From the bright yellows and oranges it is now time to introduce the reds and browns, it's the time of AUBURN, so let's welcome the series...





I always say accessories can make or break an outfit. Too much and you'll drown but too little and you're not getting the full potential of the outfit. The thing about bow ties is that can you really ever get enough, I think not! You can get them in a range of colours and a range of styles, so what's not to love. African prints always catch my eye, the bright colours always draws you in and you can even have a print on print outfit, but please do so with caution looool...

 My inspiration to make the auburn series came due to this upcoming autumn season, it's just the perfect timing!! I absolutely love making my bow ties so taking the time out to truly work on my art and try the different designs you're seeing was an absolute pleasure. I started to experiment with different accessories, I used spikes (tricky business that is), pearls and studs. There's just so much I could do...
 
But how did the name come about??
In all honesty I was actually stood starring at the material for a long while and all that came to mind was auburn, in my head it fit perfectly. I never knew how hard it would be to name the product until I sat down to think about it. I whole heartedly applaud all designers and stylists who do this on a daily basis...

Now, let's take a deeper look into some of the bows..
 
 
 >>The Auburn Butterfly
This portrays your average standard bowtie shape which fits virtually all face shapes. Here the design is very simple, the material has been left to express itself although accessories can be added on request. To me the butterfly is cute in nature and the size, well... just take a look!


>>The Auburn Combo

The Auburn combo includes a set of a bow tie and pocket square. This particular bow tie style brings a quirky twist to the classy shape. I just love that the smallest turn when making a tie completely changes its style. I also love how the colours here compliment each other, this truly shows that don't be afraid to use a little colour with these prints...




 
 >>The Auburn Batwing
This is the classic batwing shape although I used the accessories to make it more edgy. The spike detail adds its own character to the style. I absolutely love working with spikes, to me its more out of the box thinking...

From the fierceness of my model to the vibe brought from the design, this traditional print has definitely been recreated #welcometothe21stcentury
 


 
Love from a creative heart, God bless xx
 
 
 




 

1 comment: