Thursday 11 December 2014

Let's Venture: AFiNC Charity Masque...










      We ALL love a good ball right... The outfit, the hair and the makeup prep is just the tip of the iceberg. Then you get the actual event *cue harp* I mean you have food, music and a whole lot of MEMORIES!


Well, in this oh so adorable month of December Keith, Liv and I attended a charity masquerade ball. Obviously we had a good time but to not sound sooo bias, let me take you to the beginning...



For me I feel as though being a university student is all about establishing yourself in adulthood, gaining experience and truly forming your life path but without forgetting the fun. You LIVE whilst you live ~ only in first year though mate. Nevertheless, I found myself thinking about how I could actively make a difference in my life and also in my Uni. When an opportunity was presented to apply for an exec position in a society, Red Ribbon, I jumped in with both feet! Thank The Lord I ended up getting my position hey... You can officially call me madame secretary...  (Shout-out out to all society secs out there!)



Becoming an exec has taught me so much about myself, the people in my world and how to handle different types of situations. I'm not going to lie, it's trying... but that's only character building right. You see, one of the things I love about this is that:



           "The aim of the Red Ribbon society is to raise awareness of HIV/Aids whilst raising funds" - all of which I can proudly say we have managed to and will do.



 Red Ribbon, you have our support!

 

Now although the ball was entertaining the truly spectacular aspect was the reason behind it. If I can challenge you this one time, how much do you really know about HIV/Aids.. It's not just a black man's disease...



Personally, I just L.O.V.E. love, giving back in any way I can. I am all about having a good time for a good cause! What charity do you love giving back to??



               Love from a creative heart, God Bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment